How to Install TWRP Recovery On Galaxy J1 SM-J100H / J100ML : This Guide will help you how to install TWRP Custom Recovery on your Samsung Galaxy J1 SM-J100H or SM-J100ML running on Android KitKat 4.4.4 (Special Thanks to xda devloper CTXz for this build)
Samsung Galaxy J1 is a fair quality Android device launched a couple years ago, in 2015, featuring a quite powerful Dual-Core processing unit clocking at 1200 megahertz, a 4.3 inches capacitive touch-screen, and 2 cameras, a 5 MP back facing camera and a 2 mega-pixels front facing camera.
- Supported devices : Galaxy J1 SM-J100H / J100ML
- Charge your phone up to 60%
- Backup your current data before doing this steps
- You can also backup your apps data by using Titanium Backup
Before doing the methods, I just want to warn you that , if you don’t read the steps and do something wrong can brick your device. So be careful I’m not responsible for any damage
How to Install TWRP Recovery Galaxy on J1 SM-J100H / J100ML
Before proceeding make sure that USB drivers should be properly installed on your computer.
- Download & Extract Odin Tool, place TWRP-14102015-J13G.tar both in the same folder
- Enable USB Debugging & OEM Unlock from Settings > Developer Options, Now turn off your device.
- Then turn it on by pressing (Volume Down + Home Button + Power Key) simultaneously, Now you will see warning message just press volume up button to skip it and it, will reboot your device into Download Mode
- Now open Odin Tool in you computer, connect your Device with PC using Data Cable. When you plug it the ID: Com box will turn blue in ODIN.
- Now just click on AP or PDA(if you have any other version of ODIN) tab in Odin and select TWRP-14102015-J13G.tar
- Make sure that you have choose the settings according to below image
- Now click on start and wait for the process to complete
After the process completed you device will be rebooted and remove it from PC. Now You have successfully installed TWRP Recovery on your Galaxy J1 SM-J100H / J100ML
How to Root Galaxy J1 SM-J100H / J100ML
- Download SuperSU-v2.78 File And Copy It To Your Sd Card.
- Boot your phone Into Recovery (Press and hold Volume Up + Home + Power button)
- Navigate and Select Install Zip From SDCard> Choose Zip From SDCard. Select Supersu Zip File And Press Yes To Confirm Installation.
Finally, reboot your device you have successfully Root your device. Congratulations!