How to Root & Install TWRP Recovery on Galaxy C7 Pro C701F/DS : This Guide will help you how to install TWRP Custom Recovery on your Samsung Galaxy J1 SM-J100H or SM-J100ML running on Android 6.0 Marshmallow. Full credit goes to Teamwin and aapav01 for his contribution.
Samsung Galaxy C7 Pro smartphone was launched in January 2017. The phone comes with a 5.70-inch touchscreen display with a resolution of 1080 pixels by 1920 pixels.
What is TWRP?
TWRP (Team Win Recovery Project) basically is UI for androids which is used to flash a 3rd party software onto the device such as custom ROMs, kernel, or even help in wiping dalvik cache, which a stock recovery cannot perform. They can also perform a device backup and restore.
How to Install TWRP Recovery on Galaxy C7 Pro C701F/DS
Before proceeding make sure that USB drivers should be properly installed on your computer.
- Download & Extract Odin Tool, place twrp-3.2.1-c7proltedd.tar both in the same folder.
- Enable USB Debugging & OEM Unlock from Settings > Developer Options, Now turn off your device.
- Then turn it on by pressing (Volume Down + Home Button + Power Key) simultaneously, Now you will see warning message just press volume up button to skip it and it, will reboot your device into Download Mode.
- Now open Odin Tool in you computer, connect your Device with PC using Data Cable. When you plug it the ID: Com box will turn blue in ODIN.
- Now just click on AP or PDA(if you have any other version of ODIN) tab in Odin and select twrp-3.2.1-c7proltedd.tar
- Make sure that you have choose the settings according to below image
- Now click on start and wait for the process to complete.
After the process completed you device will be rebooted and remove it from PC. Now You have successfully installed TWRP Recovery on your Galaxy C7 Pro C701F/DS
How to Root Galaxy C7 Pro C701F/DS
- Download SuperSU-v2.78 File And Copy It To Your Sd Card.
- Boot your phone Into Recovery (Press and hold Volume Up + Home + Power button)
- Navigate and Select Install Zip From SDCard> Choose Zip From SDCard. Select Supersu Zip File And Press Yes To Confirm Installation.
Finally, reboot your device you have successfully Root your device. Congratulations!