The Galaxy A5 2017 version was supposed to receive the Android Oreo update, which could prove to be a plus point for the device. That hasn’t happened yet. Currently, the device officially sits at Android 7.0 Nougat. Knowing Samsung, you might have to wait a while. In this guide we will show you How to Root Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 SM-A520F on Nougat.
You probably know already, rooting will void your warranty. To root your device you will be relying on third-party tools and software. None of these third-parties, nor us, will take any blame in case you end up harming your device. You must understand the risks involved and take full responsibility for your actions. That said, the method mentioned below to root the Galaxy A5 has been tested by several users successfully. You can proceed with confidence that the method does work. Still, things can go wrong.
Points to Be Remembered :
- Need Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 with the model number SM-A520F running on the XXS2BQIJ Android 7.0 firmware.
- Samsung USB Drivers must be installed on your PC.
How to Root Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 SM-A520F on Nougat
Before proceeding make sure that USB drivers should be properly installed on your computer.
- Download & Extract Odin Tool and CF-Auto-Root package for SM-A520F both in the same folder( from below downloads)
- Enable USB Debugging & OEM Unlock from Settings > Developer Options, Now turn off your device.
- Then turn it on by pressing (Volume Down + Home Button + Power Key) simultaneously, Now you will see warning message just press volume up button to skip it and it, will reboot your device into Download Mode.
- Now open Odin Tool in you computer, connect your Device with PC using Data Cable. When you plug it the ID: Com box will turn blue in ODIN.
- Now just click on AP or PDA(if you have any other version of ODIN) tab in Odin and select image.tar.md5 file found in the extracted images folder
- Make sure that you have choose the settings according to below image
- Now click on start and wait for the process to complete.
After the process completed you device will be rebooted and remove it from PC. Now You have successfully Root Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 running on Nougat.
CF-Auto-Root package for SM-A520F – Download