This guide will help you how to Root & Install TWRP Recovery on Galaxy J7 Plus (C710F) running on Android Nougat. Samsung Galaxy C7 2017 Also known as Samsung Galaxy J7+ in Thailand, Malaysia, Philippines and Samsung Galaxy C8 in China was launched in Octor 2017.
Full credit goes to Teamwin and Albe96 senior xda member for his contribution. This is an alpha build, for queries and further updates you can also check xda link
What is TWRP?
TWRP (Team Win Recovery Project) basically is UI for androids which is used to flash a 3rd party software onto the device such as custom ROMs, kernel, or even help in wiping dalvik cache, which a stock recovery cannot perform. They can also perform a device backup and restore.
How to Install TWRP Recovery on Galaxy J7 Plus 2017 C710F
Before proceeding make sure that USB drivers should be properly installed on your computer.
- Download & Extract Odin Tool, place twrp-jadelte.tar both in the same folder.
- Enable USB Debugging & OEM Unlock from Settings > Developer Options, Now turn off your device.
- Then turn it on by pressing (Volume Down + Home Button + Power Key) simultaneously, Now you will see warning message just press volume up button to skip it and it, will reboot your device into Download Mode.
- Now open Odin Tool in you computer, connect your Device with PC using Data Cable. When you plug it the ID: Com box will turn blue in ODIN.
- Now just click on AP or PDA(if you have any other version of ODIN) tab in Odin and select twrp-jadelte.tar
- Make sure that you have choose the settings according to below image
- Now click on start and wait for the process to complete.
After the process completed you device will be rebooted and remove it from PC. Now You have successfully installed TWRP Recovery on your Galaxy J7 Plus C710F
How to Root Galaxy J7 Plus C710F
- Download SuperSU-v2.78 File And Copy It To Your Sd Card.
- Boot your phone Into Recovery (Press and hold Volume Up + Home + Power button)
- Navigate and Select Install Zip From SDCard> Choose Zip From SDCard. Select Supersu Zip File And Press Yes To Confirm Installation.
- Then Install Boot Image Patch to disable forced encryption and mount internal storage.
Finally, reboot your device you have successfully Root your device. Congratulations!