This guide will help you to download and Install Lineage OS 15.1 for Samsung Galaxy C5 SM-C5000 Oreo ROM. Samsung Galaxy C5 was launched in May 2016. The phone came out of the box with Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow and later upgrade to Android 7.0 Nougat. Now you can upgrade your Galaxy C5 to Android 8.1.0 Oreo, for that you need to follow the below guide.
LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. Lineage OS take the best of the latest Android code and, at the same time, add features and bug fixes beyond what Google offers. The Custom ROM provides a simple, distraction-free interface, an interactive tool to make installation painless.
Android 8.0 Oreo is the latest released sweet from Google. It is the latest iteration of Android OS after the release of Android 7.0 Nougat. Android Oreo comes with features such as
- Picture In A Picture
- Multi-Display Support
- Keyboard Navigation
- Background Limits
- New Wi-Fi Features
- Better Icons
- Install only over C5000ZHU1BRA1 stock ROM
- Custom Recovery must be installed on your device.(TWRP Recovery Reccomended)
- Take Nandroid Backup of your current Rom via custom Recovery before installing any ROM
Before doing the methods I just want to warn you that, if you don’t read the steps and do something wrong can brick your device. So be careful I’m not responsible for any damage. Full Credits to the xda developer vm03 and Lineage team for the Open Source Project. Remember this is an stable Unofficial build, you can use it as a daily driver.
How to Install Lineage OS 15.1 for Samsung Galaxy C5 Osprey Oreo ROM
Full Guide : How to Install a Custom ROM using TWRP Recovery
- Download the ROM zip and Gapps from below and save it on your device.
- Now Boot your device into Recovery mode.
- Take Backup of your current Rom.In case if something goes wrong then you can restore your current ROM/firmware.
- Do a Wipe>Wipe cache, Dalvik cache and data.
- Now, Go to Install and locate the ROM zip file select to Install the ROM file.
- After the process completes, Install Gapps zip
- Finally, wipe cache & Dalvik cache again and Reboot your device.
The first-time Reboot will take 5-10 minutes to boot, don’t interrupt the process.
Want to Root this device ? Follow this guide How to Root Android using TWRP Recovery + SuperSU
Android Oreo GAPPS (ARM 8.1 Nano Recommended)