Wileyfox Swift came out of the box with Android 7.0 Nougat. In this detailed guide we will help you to Install Lineage OS 15.1 on Wileyfox Swift Oreo 8.1.0.
Today custom ROMs are getting more popular than stock ROM. This is possible due to the open source nature of Android. Custom ROM allows a person to maximize the performance of his smartphone and gives more control to the user. Besides, stock ROM has its set of performance limitations. A custom ROM, as the name suggests, is created with customization with respect to a user community’s requirements. So, it overcomes the limitations that stock OS brings.
What’s new in Android Oreo?
Android 8.0 Oreo is the latest released sweet from Google. It is the latest iteration of Android OS after the release of Android 7.0 Nougat. Android Oreo comes with features such as
- Notifications Channels
- Picture In A Picture
- Multi-Display Support
- Keyboard Navigation
- Background Limits
- New Wi-Fi Features
- Better Icons
What is Lineage OS?
LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. Lineage OS take the best of the latest Android code and, at the same time, add features and bug fixes beyond what Google offers. The custom ROM provides a simple, distraction-free interface, an interactive tool to make installation painless.
- Custom Recovery must be installed on your device.(TWRP Recovery Reccomended)
- Take Nandroid Backup of your current Rom via custom Recovery before installing any ROM.
- Phone should be on Stock ROM
- Charge your phone at-least up to 50% before any installations.
- You can also take your installed apps backup with the help of Titanium Backup
Before doing the methods, I just want to warn you that , if you don’t read the steps and do something wrong can brick your device. So be careful I’m not responsible for any damage
How to Install Lineage OS 15.1 on Wileyfox Swift Custom Rom
- Download the ROM zip and Gapps from below and save it on your device.
- Now Boot your device into Recovery mode.
- Do a Wipe>Wipe cache, Dalvik cache and data.
- Now, Go to Install and locate the ROM zip file select to Install the ROM file.
- After the process completes, Install Gapps zip
- Finally, wipe cache & Dalvik cache again and Reboot your device.
The first-time Reboot will take 5-10 minutes to boot, don’t interrupt the process
Want to Root this device ? Follow this guide How to Root Android using TWRP Recovery + SuperSU