Motorola launched the Motorola Moto E on February 2015. The phone came out of the box with Android 4.4.2 Kitkat and later upgraded to Android 5.1 Lollipop. This guide will help you Install Lineage OS 15.1 on Motorola Moto E Condor Oreo Rom.
Android 8.0 Oreo is the latest released sweet from Google. It is the latest iteration of Android OS after the release of Android 7.0 Nougat. Android Oreo comes with features such as
- Notifications Channels
- Picture In A Picture
- Multi-Display Support
- Keyboard Navigation
- Background Limits
- New Wi-Fi Features
- Better Icons
What Is Lineage OS?
Lineage OS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restores the Google parts. Lineage OS does still include various hardware specific code, which is also slowly being open sourced anyway.
- Custom Recovery must be installed on your device.(TWRP Recovery Reccomended)
- Take Nandroid Backup of your current Rom via custom Recovery before installing any ROM.
- Phone should be on Stock ROM
- You can also take your installed apps backup with the help of Titanium Backup.
Before doing the methods, I just want to warn you that , if you don’t read the steps and do something wrong can brick your device. So be careful I’m not responsible for any damage
- Status : Beta
- Android version : 8.1.0
- Bugs : Video recording
Guide to Install Lineage OS 15.1 on Motorola Moto E Condor Oreo Rom
- Download the ROM zip and Gapps from below and save it on your device.
- Now Boot your device into Recovery mode.
- Do a Wipe>Wipe cache, Dalvik cache and data.
- Now, Go to Install and locate the ROM zip file select to Install the ROM file.
- After the process completes, Install Gapps zip
- Finally, wipe cache & Dalvik cache again and Reboot your device
The first-time Reboot will take 4-5 minutes to boot, don’t interrupt the process. That’s it
Want to Root? follow the guide How to Root Android with Magisk v16.4 using TWRP Recovery