LG Optimus L90 Custom Rom : LG launched the LG Optimus L90 on February 2014. The phone came out of the box with Android 4.4.2 Kitkat. In this guide, we will help you to install the latest Lineage OS 15.1 for LG Optimus L90 (w7).
Full Credit goes to MobiusM xda developer and Lineage team for the Open Source Project. This ROM is still under development. If you find any bugs, then either you can wait for the next update or you can simply revert back to Stock ROM.
What’s new in Android Oreo?
Android 8.0 Oreo is the latest released sweet from Google. It is the latest iteration of Android OS after the release of Android 7.0 Nougat. Android Oreo comes with features such as
- Notifications Channels
- Picture In A Picture
- Multi-Display Support
- Keyboard Navigation
- Background Limits
- New Wi-Fi Features
- Better Icons
What is Lineage OS?
LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. Lineage OS take the best of the latest Android code and, at the same time, add features and bug fixes beyond what Google offers. The custom ROM provides a simple, distraction-free interface, an interactive tool to make installation painless.
- Custom Recovery must be installed on your device.(TWRP Recovery Reccomended)
- Take Nandroid Backup of your current Rom via custom Recovery before installing any ROM.
- Phone should be on Stock ROM
- Charge your phone at-least up to 50% before any installations.
- You can also take your installed apps backup with the help of Titanium Backup
Before doing the methods, I just want to warn you that , if you don’t read the steps and do something wrong can brick your device. So be careful I’m not responsible for any damage
How to Install Lineage OS 15.1 LG Optimus L90 Custom Rom
- Download the ROM zip and Gapps from below and save it on your device.
- Now Boot your device into Recovery mode.
- Do a Wipe>Wipe cache, Dalvik cache and data.
- Now, Go to Install and locate the ROM zip file select to Install the ROM file.
- After the process completes, Install Gapps zip
- Finally, wipe cache & Dalvik cache again and Reboot your device.
The first-time Reboot will take 5-10 minutes to boot, don’t interrupt the process
Want to Root this device ? Follow this guide How to Root Android using TWRP Recovery + SuperSU