Here is a full detailed guide to Download and Install Lineage OS 14.1 On UMIDIGI S2 Lite Nougat Rom. Good News for all UMIDIGI S2 Lite Customer. Today you can enjoy the build of Lineage OS 14.1 on UMIDIGI S2 Lite (CM14.1 base ROM). Android 7.1.2 Nougat comes with handful of features such as App Shortcuts, Multi Window support, restart setting to power menu and many more.
As CyanogenMod is dead and now the same team gave birth to new Lineage OS. Unofficial Lineage OS builds Lineage OS 14.1 is now available for UMIDIGI S2 Lite. UMIDIGI S2 Lite users can Install and experience the stock Android UI. This is a leaked unofficial build, so don’t expect everything to be fully working, but it does seem to be ready for daily use.
- Custom Recovery must be installed on your device.(TWRP Recovery Reccomended)
- Take Nandroid Backup of your current Rom via custom Recovery before installing any ROM
- You can also take your installed apps backup with the help of Titanium Backup
How to Install Lineage OS 14.1 On UMIDIGI S2 Lite (Android 7.1.2 Nougat)
- Download the ROM zip and Gapps from below and save it on your device.
- Now Boot your device into Recovery mode.
- Take a Backup before installing ROM. In case if something goes wrong then you can restore your current ROM/firmware.
- Do a Wipe>Wipe cache, Dalvik cache and data.
- Now, Go to Install and locate the ROM zip file select to Install the ROM file.
- After the process completes, Install Gapps zip
- Finally, wipe cache & Dalvik cache again and Reboot your device.
The first-time Reboot will take 5-10 minutes to boot, don’t interrupt the process
Want to Root this device ? Follow this guide How to Root Android using TWRP Recovery + SuperSU