This guide will help you how to Install Galaxy On5 TWRP recovery and Root SM-G550FY running on Android lollipop 5.1.1 easily using Odin. By installing TWRP recovery you can Root and flash the custom kernel on it. If you already rooted galaxy On5 by using any third party app like King root or towel root that roots device without PC in one click.
Just by following the tutorial given here, you will be able to root Samsung Galaxy On5 smartphone by flashing TWRP recovery in it. Once you have gained root privileges on your device, you will be able to install custom ROM firmware’s (which are using latest Android versions), custom-built Android applications, etc.
- Backup all your data on your device and Charge your device up to 50%.
- Odin Tool for Computer.
- Samsung USB Drivers installed on your PC.
- Download TWRP Recovery, Kernel, Supersu from download section below.
How to Install TWRP Recovery on Galaxy on5 Android Lollipop 5.1.1
*Skip these steps if you have already installed TWRP Recovery.
Before proceeding make sure that drive should be properly installed on your computer.
- Download & Extract odin, place samsung-sm-g550fy-twrp3.tar and samsung-sm-g550fy-5.1.1-ro2t.tar in the same folder.
- Enable USB Debugging & OEM Unlock from Settings > Developer Options.
- Now turn off your Galaxy On 5. Then turn it on by pressing (Volume Down + Home Button + Power Key) simultaneously. Now you will see warning message just press volume up button to skip it and it, will reboot your device into Download Mode
- Now open Odin.exe in you computer and connect your Device with PC using Data Cable
- When you plug it the ID: Com box will blue in ODIN.
- Now just click on AP or PDA (if you have any other version of ODIN) tab in Odin and select the samsung-sm-g550fy-5.1.1-ro2t.tar custom kernel
- Make sure that you have choose the settings according to below image
Repeat the same steps for flashing TWRP recovery just this time select TWRP recovery.tar in place custom kernel in AP section. Now You have successfully installed Custom TWRP recovery on Samsung Galaxy On5.
How to Root SM-G550FY Samsung Galaxy On5 on Android Lollipop
- Download SuperSu Zip
- Place the SuperSu zip file to the internal memory
- Boot into recovery mode (press and hold Volume Down button +press Power button).
- Choose install, and then select the SuperSU Zip file
- After installing process completion Tap on Reboot system.
So, in this tutorial we successfully install TWRP and Root Samsung Galaxy On5 SM-G550Fy running on Android Lollipop 5.1.1