Official Lineage OS 15.1 Supported Devices List : Lineage OS, which is one of the most popular Custom ROMs running on thousands of devices around the world just got an upgrade to the latest version of Android. LineageOS 15.1 builds are currently available for a limited number of devices only and we have attached the list of devices officially supported by LineageOS 15.1 below.
Apart from that, we will also make sure to update this list with more devices as soon as they are officially supported by LineageOS 15.1. As far as supporting the latest version of Android is concerned. LineageOS team already announced earlier that the latest builds released by them will be based on Android 8.1 Oreo. Rather than Android 8.0 Oreo as the latest version of Android is Android 8.1
What Is Lineage OS?
LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restores the Google parts. Lineage OS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.
What’s in Lineage OS 15.1?
The ROM brings all the features from Android 8.1 which includes, Picture in Picture mode, New Android O Emoji style, New Notification UI, Settings Overhaul changes, Advanced Doze Mode, Auto Fill Password, etc. Lineage OS also has some of the unique features which allow you to easily root and customize your phone. You will receive the regular update nightly and weekly once the build is official by Lineage tree.
Official Lineage OS 15.1 Supported Device List
- Google Nexus 5X | Download
- Google Nexus 6P | Download
- LeEco Le Pro 3 | Download
- OnePlus 2 | Download
- OnePlus 3/3T | Download
- OnePlus 5 | Download
- OnePlus 5T | Download
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 8.0 Wi-Fi (2016) | Download
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 9.7 Wi-Fi (2016) | Download
- Xiaomi Mi 5 | Download
- Xiaomi Mi 5s | Download
- Xiaomi Mi 5s Plus | Download
- Unlocked Bootloader and Custom Recovery must be installed on your device.(TWRP Recovery Reccomended)
- Take Nandroid Backup of your current Rom via custom Recovery before installing any ROM.
- Charge your phone at-least up to 50% before any installations.
- You can also take your installed apps backup with the help of Titanium Backup
How to Install Lineage OS 15.1 Android Oreo 8.1 Custom ROM
Download : Android Oreo 8.1 GAPPS
- Download the LineageOS ROM and Android Oreo GAPPS and save it on your device.
- Now Boot your device into Recovery mode
- Do a Wipe>Wipe cache, Dalvik cache and data.
- Now, Go to Install and locate the ROM zip file select to Install the ROM file.
- After the process completes, install any other GAPPS as per your choice.
- Finally, wipe cache & Dalvik cache again and Reboot your device.
If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to drop a comment. Thank You All!