A detail guide Unlock Bootloader, Root and How to Install TWRP 3.0 on Micromax Canvas 5 E481. Micromax Canvas 5 smartphone was launched in November 2015. The phone comes with a 5.20-inch touchscreen display with a resolution of 1080 pixels by 1920 pixels at a PPI of 424 pixels per inch.
By using TWRP you can flash custom ROMs. Now you can download and install TWRP 3.0 on Micromax Canvas 5 E481 thanx to Rick02 for porting this recovery. For rooting micromax canvas 5 you have to do Following below 3 steps
- Take full backup of your Canvas 5, because unlocking Bootloader wil reset your phone.
- Minimal ADB and fastboot for your PC or laptop
- download 15 sec adb installer driver on pc, while installation of driver press y all the time to complete the installation
How to Unlock Bootloader on Micromax Canvas 5 E481
- Open developer option in your phone settings (to enable devloper option go to settings>about phone>build number and tick 8 times on build number
- Now tap on oem unlocking and usb debugging mode in devloper option
- Connect the canvas 5 to pc, open adb minimal on pc and run command adb reboot bootloader
- Now enter command fastboot oem unlock and select yes with volume plus button
- Then select reboot, this will factory reset your canvas 5 (note that if canvas 5 is not responding then press and hold power button till phone shut down).
If phone is factory reset it means process successful and bootloader is unlocked. Now you are ready to install TWRP recovery.
How to Install TWRP on Micromax Canvas 5
- Download and extract the image file and put it in the installation folder of adb minimal.
- Rename extracted IMG file to twrp.img
- In adb minimal run command adb reboot-bootloader
- Now run command fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
After flashing is done, switch off the canvas 5 by pressing and holding power button.
How to Root Micromax Canvas 5 E481
First of all Boot into recovery mode press and hold volume plus+power key until recovery appear
Now follow the guide to Root Micromax Canvas 5 >>How to Flash SuperSU using TWRP Recovery and Root any Android device
If you facing any difficulty regarding this guide simply comment below