AospExtended ROM v5 for Lenovo Zuk Z2 Plus Android Oreo 8.0 : Lenovo Zuk Z2 was launched on May 2016 with Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow out of the box. Lenovo Zuk Z2 will get Official Android Oreo 8.0 update from lenovo but you can now taste the sweetness of Android Oreo via AOSP extended Rom.
For installing Custom Rom you must have Unlocked bootloader and TWRP Recovery installed on your device. Credit goes to davidevinavil for sharing this build in xda forum. Rom has some bugs, it will fix in next update. So if you want to try this Rom then follow the below guide AospExtended ROM v5 for Lenovo Zuk Z2 Plus Android Oreo 8.0
The combination of Lenovo Zuk Z2 with Android O would be a great one. Latest Android is equipped with many latest features some of which are
- Improvements in connectivity.
- Better security and feature enhancements.
- The Picture in Picture mode.
- Webview improvements.
- New Keyboard features.
- More adaptive icons.
- Better gesture control
- Rom status : Rom is in alpha stage you can’t use it as daily driver as it have bugs like gps Volte not working
- This ROM is work only on Zuk Z2 Plus
- Make sure you have a Custom Recovery installed on your device
- Take backup of your current Rom before flashing any Custom ROM.
Before doing the methods, I just want to warn you that,if you don’t read the steps and do something wrong can brick your device. So be careful I’m not responsible for any damage
How to install Android Oreo for Lenovo Zuk Z2 Plus
Firstly backup all your data and contacts before starting.
Full Guide: How to Install Custom ROM using TWRP Recovery!
- Download the Android 8.0 ROM and Gapps 8.0 from below and save it on your device.
- Now Boot your device into TWRP Recovery mode
- Do a Wipe>Wipe cache, Dalvik cache and data and swipe to confirm it.
- Now, Go to Install and locate the ROM zip file & swipe to Install the ROM file. After the process completes, Flash the Gapps zip file.
- Finally, wipe cache & Dalvik cache again and Reboot your device.