Android 8.0 Oreo brings a ton of new features which include the Picture in Picture (PiP) mode, Android Instant apps, Autofill, Notification Channels and Dots, restricted background activity, improved doze mode, and much more
The ROM is based on AOSP and it is still in the initial stages of development, so some features like VoLTE, hotspot, USB Tethering is not working properly and a few apps keep force closing. But according to the developer, WiFi, GPS and Camera works without any issues. You need TWRP recovery installed on your phone.
- This ROM is work on Redmi Note 3 Kenzo /kate
- Your device Must be Rooted.
- Take backup of your current Rom before flashing any custom rom.
- Make sure you have a custom recovery installed on your phone
Before doing the methods, I just want to warn you that,if you don’t read the steps and do something wrong can brick your device. So be careful
How to Install Android Oreo rom on Redmi Note 3
Firstly backup all your data and contacts before starting.
- Download the Android 8.0 latest ROM and Gapps 8.0 from below download section and save it on your device.
- Now Boot your device into TWRP Recovery mode
- Do a Factory Reset by Goto Wipe>Advanced Wipe>Select Wipe cache, Dalvik cache, and data and swipe to confirm it.
- Now, Go to Install and locate the ROM zip file & swipe to Install the ROM file. After the process completes, Flash the Gapps zip file.
- Now wipe cache & Dalvik cache again and Reboot your device