This guide will help you how to install Android 7.1 Nougat Cm14.1 or Lineage OS Mi 5 step by step easily on your Mi 5.This is an unofficial build of LineageOS for Mi 5 (CM14.1 base ROM) developed by , Recognized Developer of XDA forum
Remember this is a stable build of Unofficial LineageOS for Xiaomi Mi 5.This is a Stable build and can be used as a daily drive. If you want to try LineageOS You need a Custom Recovery like TWRP to install the Rom then head down to the below guide.
- This will work on Xiaomi Mi 5, Don’t Try this in Any other device.
- Charge your phone up to 80% or 70%.
- Backup your current Rom before doing this step using TWRP or CWM or any Custom Recovery.
- You can also backup your apps data by using Titanium Backup
Before doing the methods, I just want to warn you that,if you don’t read the steps and do something wrong can brick your device. So be careful
Steps to Install Lineage OS Mi 5 ANDROID 7.1.1 Nougat
- Firstly backup all your data and contacts before starting.
- Download the Android 7.1 ROM and Gapps 7.1 from below and save it on your device.
- Now Boot your device into TWRP Recovery mode
- Now do a Factory Reset by Goto Wipe>Advanced Wipe>Select Wipe cache, Dalvik cache, System, and data and swipe to confirm it.
- Now, Go to Install and locate the ROM zip file & swipe to Install the ROM file. After the process completes, Flash the Gapps zip file.
- Now wipe cache & Dalvik cache again and Reboot your device
Download links Lineage Os Mi 5 :